Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Making Compost Tea in a 5 gallon pail


How to Make Compost Tea by award winning garden author Doug Green www.simplegiftsfarm.com there are great many myths running around the net about compost and making compost tea and part of what I would like to do is to show you the action and the method of getting compost tea started. The unfortunate reality is that compost tea is not the be-all and end-all or magic bullet for correcting all garden mistakes. It may be an excellent way to increase soil microorganisms and jumpstart your gardens soil health. I've used compost tea for many years now based on their recommendations of old garden books and now, modern research. To be honest, I don't know whether it's making my garden better but it makes me feel better to think that I am doing something positive out there. In other words, I have no scientific, double blind testing, or other evaluation mechanisms. I'm going on what I think is happening and what works for me. The theory is that by making compost tea you will produce billions of microorganisms, far more than can be produced in easily available amounts of compost. In other words eighth few gallons of compost tea will provide adequate amounts of microorganisms for large acreages where it would take huge amounts of actual compost to provide the same number of microorganisms. Our compost tea in this video is being made with a KIS brewer system, 4.5 gallons of water, a bit of citric acid (vitamin C) , molasses, sugar and a half a pot of worm compost. I'll let it brew for ...

Organic Sprouts Fast




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links